Smith vs Maxwell – DAZN – July 1 – 2 pm ET
Dalton Smith and Sam Maxwell will clash for the British and Commonwealth Super-Lightweight Titles at Utilita Arena Sheffield, live worldwide on DAZN tonight
Sheffield’s Smith (14-0, 10 KOs), who will be headlining his second fight night in his home city, is aiming to win the prestigious Lord Lonsdale Challenge belt outright after claiming the vacant title by stopping local rival Sam O’Maison last August and then making successful defences against Kaisee Benjamin in November and Billy Allington in February.
One of the hottest properties in world boxing, ‘Thunder’ will be aiming to add Maxwell’s Commonwealth Title to his growing collection that boasts the WBA Intercontinental Title, WBC International Silver Title and British Title, as he continues to work towards a dream World Title shot at Hillsborough, home to his beloved Sheffield Wednesday, in summer 2024.
SMITH VS. MAXWELL START TIME TONIGHT
- Date: Saturday, July 1
- Time: 7 p.m. BST / 2 p.m. ET
- Main event ringwalks (approx): 10 p.m. BST / 5 p.m. ET
- The fight will take place at the Utilita Arena in Sheffield, England.
- The card will stream live on DAZN in over 200 countries across the globe
- The event is set to get underway at 7 p.m. BST / 2 p.m. ET with the main event ringwalks scheduled for 10 p.m. BST / 5 p.m. ET. These timings could change due to the length of the undercard fights.
Liverpool’s Maxwell (17-1, 11 KOs), a former WBO European and British Champion at 140lbs, will be looking to reclaim the British Title after outpointing Ekeem Ennis Brown to win the famous old belt, along with the Commonwealth crown, in Birmingham back in August 2021. The former Team GB standout bounced back from his stoppage loss to Alejandro Meneses with a comfortable decision over Shaun Cooper in February.
“It will be an honour to win the Lonsdale belt outright on July 1 in my home city and write my name into the history books, as well as picking up the Commonwealth Title,” said Smith. “Every British fighter dreams of winning the Lord Lonsdale Challenge Belt when they start out, so to win it for keeps will be a massive box ticked for me as I then kick on. Sam is a great fighter who can really punch. He will be giving it his all to get the British Title back and keep his Commonwealth Title, but I’m very confident I will have too much for him on the night and it will be another special atmosphere in the arena in front of my home support.”
“It is every boxer’s dream to headline a massive show, so to get the opportunity to do so on a Matchroom Boxing card shown live around the world on DAZN is amazing,” said Maxwell. “My Commonwealth belt is on the line but I’m looking forward to hearing, ‘AND THE NEW’ when I regain the British Title. I believe no one in the world can beat me when I am at my best. I can’t wait for fight night. The atmosphere is going to be unreal, and my fans will definitely be heard.”
“I can’t wait to see Sheffield’s very own Dalton Smith back at the Utilita Arena on Saturday July 1 as he looks to create more history by winning the British Title outright against Liverpool’s Sam Maxwell in front of an electric crowd,” said Matchroom Sport Chairman Eddie Hearn. “The arena was bouncing last summer when he claimed the vacant belt against local rival Sam O’Maison and I’m anticipating it to be even louder in there as ‘Thunder’ looks to pick up the Commonwealth Title in front of his growing support. He faces his toughest test to date in the shape of former British Champion Maxwell, who will be looking to claim the scalp of one of the brightest talents in world boxing and put his name firmly back in the mix at 140lbs. We’ve got another stacked card in store for fight fans that we will be announcing soon. Catch it all live around the world exclusively on DAZN.”
Tickets will be available Tuesday, 25 April 2023 at 10am via www.utilitaarenasheffield.co.uk/.
About the Utilita Arena Sheffield
• Utilita Arena Sheffield is the region’s largest indoor premier entertainment venue with a multi-purpose auditorium accommodating audiences from 3,000 to over 13,600.
• Since 1991, the venue has hosted more than 3,000 local, regional, national, and international events, from major concerts to comedy, sport to theatre, family shows to exhibitions and conferences.
• The Arena was officially opened on May 30, 1991, by Her Majesty the Queen and this year, 2022, celebrates its 32nd anniversary year, having welcomed over 16 million people through the venue doors and bringing more than £500 million to the Sheffield economy.
Smith vs Maxwell News
- Dalton Smith Vs. Sam Maxwell: How To Watch Today & Start Time - Boxing News
- Smith - Maxwell DAZN Weigh In Results - Boxing News
- Frank Smith talks Smith vs Maxwell, Eubank vs Benn, Joshua vs Wilder - Boxing News
- What time is the Dalton Smith vs. Sam Maxwell fight tonight ... - dazn.com
- Dalton Smith-Sam Maxwell, DAZN Undercard Weigh-In Report From Sheffield - BoxingScene.com
- Boxing Tonight: Smith Vs Maxwell Start Time, Undercard Info - Boxing News 24
- What channel is Dalton Smith vs. Sam Maxwell? Live stream info ... - dazn.com
SMITH MAXWELL FIGHT CARD
ALL TIMES ARE LOCAL
17:00 DOORS OPEN
17:10 LIVE ON BEFORE THE BELL
6 x 3 mins Lightweight contest
CORY O’REGAN 137.5 lbs v JORDAN ELLISON 138.8 lbs
(Heckmondwike, England) (Seaham, England)
6 x 3 mins International Super-Bantamweight contest
NICO LEIVARS 123.1 lbs v ALBERTO MOTOS 121.1 lbs
(Mansfield, England) (Madrid, Spain)
8 x 2 mins International Super-Featherweight contest
BEATRIZ FERREIRA 132 lbs v KARLA RAMOS ZAMORA 130.4 lbs
(Sao Paulo, Brazil) (Chimalhuacan, Mexico)
19:00 LIVE ON DAZN
10 x 3 mins English Lightweight Title
LEWIS SYLVESTER 134.3 lbs v ADAM COPE 133.9 lbs
(Hull, England) (Hartlepool, England)
8 x 3 mins Super-Welterweight contest
JUNAID BOSTAN 155.4 lbs v RYAN AMOS 155 lbs
(Rotherham, England) (Nottingham, England)
10 x 3 mins WBA Continental Featherweight Title
HOPEY PRICE 125.5 lbs v JAMES BEECH JNR 125.2 lbs
(Leeds, England) (Bloxwich, England)
10 x 3 mins WBA Continental Super-Welterweight Title
PAT MCCORMACK 150.2 lbs v TONY DIXON 148.7 lbs
(Washington, England) (Mountain Ash, Wales)
12 x 3 mins British and Commonwealth Super-Lightweight Titles
DALTON SMITH 139.4 lbs v SAM MAXWELL 139.4 lbs
(Sheffield, England) (Liverpool, England)