Scrappy Ramirez vs Padilla – DAZN – Feb. 23 – 9 pm ET
One of boxing’s most energetic and fan-friendly fighters, NABA Super Flyweight Titleholder John “Scrappy” Ramirez (10-0, 8 KOs) of Los Angeles will headline the first Golden Boy Fight Night on DAZN show of the year at Fantasy Springs Resort Casino on Thursday, February 23. Ramirez will defend his NABA title against Luis “Callado” Padilla (15-3-2, 2 KOs) of Guadalajara, Mexico. The event will be broadcast live worldwide on DAZN beginning at 6:00 p.m. PT / 9:00 p.m. ET.
“Excited is an understatement. When I left football for boxing I always envisioned a stage like this to showcase my hard work and dedication and I’m sincerely grateful to have the opportunity now,” said “Scrappy” Ramirez. “It has been a long road to get here but I want to thank my team, Golden Boy, DAZN, the WBA and Mr. Gilberto Ramírez, Oscar and Eric, and all my fans and supporters from across the world for this opportunity. This is just the beginning and I can’t wait to headline this show at Fantasy Springs on DAZN.”
WHAT TIME IS ‘SCRAPPY’ RAMIREZ VS. PADILLA?
- Date: Thursdasy, February 23
- Time: 9 p.m. ET / 2 a.m. GMT
- Main event: 11 p.m. ET / 4 a.m. GMT
- The fight will take place at the Fantasy Springs Resort & Casino in Indio, California.
- The card will stream live on DAZN in over 200 countries across the globe
- The main card is set to get underway at 9 p.m. ET / 2 a.m. GMT with the Ramirez vs. Padilla fight set to take place at around 11 p.m. ET / 4 a.m. GMT.
“As promised, Golden Boy is delivering the best fight nights,” said Chairman and CEO of Golden Boy Promotions Oscar De La Hoya. “On February 23, fight fans will get to see talented, rising prospects who have star potential. Scrappy Ramirez is a prime example of that – the fans will be able to feel the energy he brings as our special main event.”
Tickets for Ramirez vs. Padilla go on-sale today, January 27 at 10 a.m. PT and are priced at $65, $55, $45 and $25 plus applicable fees. Tickets can be purchased at FantasySpringsResort.com or GoldenBoyPromotions.com
As chief support of the card, Coachella Valley’s beloved, undefeated local fighter Manuel “El Meny” Flores (14-0, 11 KOs) will measure up against Mangua, Nicaragua’s Marvin Solano (24-8, 8 KOs). The eight-round bantamweight fight will be guaranteed action, as Flores’s last six fights have all been knockouts.
Here’s what the fighters had to say:
AZAT “CRAZY A” HOVHANNISYAN, SUPER BANTAMWEIGHT CONTENDER:
“When the contract came to fight Nery, I was so thankful! I thought, finally the time has come. I’ve waited 3 1/2 years for this opportunity. I respect Nery, but in 10 days it will be war. I think I will win.
“Even though I am not fighting in Armenia, people will feel the strong Armenian presence at the fight. I am proud to represent both Armenia and Los Angeles.”
JOHN “SCRAPPY” RAMIREZ, NABA SUPER FLY WEIGHT TITLEHOLDER:
“I came from the bottom. Everyone told me I was too old to start my career boxing. But I did it my way and now I’m the main event for a Golden Boy show. It’s real simple. Work hard and stay focused and you can accomplish anything. I’m all in.”
RICARDO “EL NIÑO” SANDOVAL, FLYWEIGHT FIGHTER
“I learned a lot from my last fight, especially paying more attention to what my trainer is telling me to do during the fight. I deviated from the plan and the fight didn’t go my way. I took two weeks off after my loss and I got back into the gym. It’s boxing. I’m glad to be back on Feb. 18 and show fans that I am back.”
Ramirez Padilla News
- What time is the John 'Scrappy' Ramirez vs. Luis Padilla fight tonight ... - dazn.com
- John 'Scrappy' Ramirez Goes Ten Rounds For First Time, Outpoints Luis Padilla - BoxingScene.com
- Scrappy Ramirez vs Padilla: Live stream, results, RBR, how to watch - Bad Left Hook
RAMIREZ VS. PADILLA FIGHT CARD
- John “Scrappy” Ramirez vs. Luis Padilla; For the NABA junior bantamweight title
- Manuel Flores vs. Franklin Gonzalez; Bantamweights
- Lorraine Villalobos vs. Katherine Lindenmuth; Strawweights
- Stefanie Cohen vs. Leanne Calderon; Bantamweights
- Zachary Spiller vs. Kaleel Carter; Heavyweights
- Grant Flores vs. Christopher Gonzalez; Welterweights